Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spinning...

Remember that diary that Gail and I are keeping on Skippy. Well, this afternoon I sat and talked with my sons psychiatrist. After going over all kinds of odd behaviors/ actions and verbalizations, she informed me that in her opinion, what we are dealing with is that he has Aspergers Syndrome.

My head is spinning.....

Gail is telling me that everything will be fine, that we will get through this. And I know she is right. I don't know what I would do without her, she is my rock. If it wasn't for her I would be in a corner sobbing.

I have two nephews with Austism Spectrum Disorders, so we have my brothers and sisters knowledge and experience dealing with any issues built right into the family.

It's just very overwhelming at the moment.

1 comment:

Lefty1129 said...

And yes, everything will be okay. I am there for you and you are a strong man.

YOU CAN DO IT!! (picture Tony Little here on his gazelle)